Sunday, January 04, 2009

"My" Time

A mother's job is 24/7, so it's nice once in a while to have some time to take care of myself. I got a haircut today, my first one in about five months. I've had some trouble making appointments at my usual salon (and I didn't feel they really listened to what I wanted when they styled my hair), so I went to a new place closer to where I live. I think they did a good job, but I won't be able to tell until I do my hair myself tomorrow. (And sorry, I didn't take any pictures.)

After running a couple of errands, I came out of the store and realized one of my tires had gone flat. It seems like this happens to me a lot; I'm not sure why, though it might have something to do with all the potholes on the roads. I went to Sears to get it fixed. I had to wait about 90 minutes before they got to my car, and then it turned out two of my tires were bald, so I wound up buying two new ones and waiting another hour. At least I stopped at home on the way there and picked up my laptop, so I was able to get some writing done. I wrote over 500 words, which is really good for me. Meanwhile, Eugene stayed home with Alex for the afternoon. But we all got to have fun together tonight before bedtime, when we played "Throw the stuffed animals in and out of the crib" with Alex. He was also very talkative before he fell asleep. I wonder what he would blog about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post. Sorry about your tires...almost nothing seems worse than car trouble.

Today's the day to take a picture of your new do! :D

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

I totally hear you the haircuts. Mine are usually in the one every five to six month range as well!

Site Meter