Monday, January 02, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

Welcome to the new year! I haven't blogged for a couple of days with all the things we've been doing and places we've been going. It started Friday night when we drove to Evanston. Eugene's father's cousins were in town, so we had Chinese with his family and then watched our video with them before returning home. We got back so late I wasn't up for writing, alas.

Saturday we ran errands, such as picking up new copies of our wedding video (our personal copy was damaged, and some of the entourage's names were misspelled. The videographer fixed it for free, though.), stocking up on groceries at Sam's, and buying new exercise equipment and clothing. To celebrate New Year's, we drove downtown for sushi and ComedySportz (improv comedy). They had a special New Year's Eve show, but the early show, which we went to, wasn't much different from a typical show. We still enjoyed it, but I don't think the additional charges were justified. I did get a special compliment when the ref had the team captains try to guess the name of the "beautiful lady" in the first row--me. That doesn't happen to me too often. We were home by 10:30 to avoid all the drunks on the road. We watched Dick Clark and the local Chicago celebration, but I was more interested in stretching out on the couch than ringing in 2006. Again, not much of a writing day, though I did write in the car while we were on the way to the videographer.

We got up late on Sunday, and after brunch, we drove up to Wisconsin to visit my friend Liz and give her her Christmas present. She liked the earrings I found for her in Alaska. I finally had a chance to crit a couple of chapters and even work on my own stuff.

Today, the focus was on our household chores. Eugene also had to pick up the wedding proofs from his mother, as we had to place our order tonight. It took us about an hour and a half to review everything, but as one couple had been there for over seven hours while they laid out their album, I think our order went pretty smoothly. Even though we hadn't thought much about the physical appearance of our album or our parents' albums, we were pretty decisive about them once we reviewed the options. The pictures should be ready by mid-April, so it's nice to have a break from them for a while. As for writing/reviewing, well, I did line edits for one crit, but I didn't finish it. I wrote about 100 words of Key before posting this entry, but I haven't worked on Day for several days. I need to get back into the groove for that story, plus I still have to reread Lennon's Line and catch up with the rest of my crits. I'm so glad the holidays are over and things can go back to their usual level of craziness.

No comments:

Site Meter