Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Writing on the Weekend

When you have a day job, it seems like the best time to write for extended periods of time would be on the weekend. However, that's not always the case. I typically spend a lot of time on the weekend catching up with chores and getting ready for the week ahead. There can also be special events that disrupt your routine. I try to compensate for this by setting aside blocks of time for writing. For example, I clean Saturday morning so I have time to write in the afternoon. I normally also like to write my weekly blog post on Sunday morning. However, there are days where even those blocks of time get usurped by other activities. Some days you just have to accept the fact that you won't be able to write much.

Are weekends typically good writing days for you, or are they taken up with other things? Feel free to discuss in the comments.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think I do better writing during the week, in the evening after dinner and guitar practice. Probably because those days are more structured.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm home all the time so it's whenever I can clear everything off my list. (And until last year, that was almost never.)

Site Meter