Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Draft2Digital and Findaway Voices

With Alex's guest post on audiobooks on Monday, I thought it timely to get an announcement from Draft2Digital about Findaway Voices, an audiobook production company that D2D just partnered with. I don't know much about it, but it seems similar to ACX, which is what I used to produce the audiobooks for Lyon's Legacy and Twinned Universes. On both sites, you set up your book, choose a narrator, listen to and approve the audiobook, and set up distribution. Findaway says they don't require exclusivity and give you more control over pricing than ACX does. Unlike ACX, Findaway does charge a setup fee, but apparently this is waived if you go to them through D2D. ACX allows you to do a royalty split with the narrator instead of paying a set fee per finished hour. Findaway doesn't have this option, so you do have to pay up front and hope you earn it back. I currently don't have audiobooks for the Season Avatars series. However, if/when I get to that point, it's good to know there are options available for indie writers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PT Dilloway said...

Most of my books are in KDP Select or Smashwords so I couldn't use the D2D service on them.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It does give you options.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Pat, I switched from Smashwords to D2D. They're much easier to work with.

Options are good, Alex.

Site Meter