Monday, September 22, 2014

More Details About the IWM Flash Fiction Contest

Here's the official announcement for the flash fiction contest I mentioned last week. I will be awarding a copy of either Twinned Universes or Seasons' Beginnings (winner's choice) to my favorite story.

Hey, writers! Want to challenge yourself and win a free book? Indie Writers Monthly is holding a flash fiction contest!

We're going to put out a special issue of horror stories and horror writing just in time for Halloween, and we need YOU to help us, because we do not have enough horror stories to fill out a whole special issue.

So we want your 200-word-or-less horror stories submitted to us by September 30, 2014.  You can submit them via attachment or in the body of the email to litaplaceforstories[at]gmail.com.  Any subject, so long as it's scary -- try to avoid excessive gore or sex, if you can.

The top five stories will each get a free ebook from one of the Indie Writer Monthly authors!  That's a $3.99 value, which is like... how much is that per word?  Where is my calculator?  Somebody get Stephen Hawking on the phone!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never tried horror. Think I have most of your books though...

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I could always gift you with the next book in the Season Avatar series, Alex. Don't forget Briane, PT, Rusty, and Andrew will be giving away books too.

Jay Noel said...

Ugh.I will try to enter this. I want to soooooo bad. Lots of deadlines! 200 words, though. I think I can manage.

Site Meter