Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cancer Prevention Study-3

I was planning to blog about free/bargain eBook mailing lists today, but I found out last night (shortly before writing this post), that a friend's father had passed away. He'd been recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and was undergoing treatment and therapy to get his strength up before starting chemo. I wasn't expecting to receive this news so soon, and it makes the mailing lists seem trivial. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to meet my friend's father, but I've known several friends and relatives who have had cancer. To honor them, I'd like to share this link:

http://cps3il.wordpress.com/

The American Cancer Society is conducting a large-scale Cancer Prevention Study. They intend to follow 300,000 people over at least twenty years to gather data on what factors cause or prevent cancer. If you're between 30 to 65 years of age and have never been diagnosed with cancer, please consider joining this study. You'll be contributing not just to science, but to your friends and family.

I'll be back on Friday with a regular Science of the Week post.

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So sorry for your friend's loss.
Finding out what causes cancer would be even more invaluable than finding what cures it.

Site Meter