Friday, May 10, 2013

Science of the Week, 5/10/13

Here are some of the most interesting science articles I've read this week:

Researchers discover world's most extreme hearing animal

"Bacteria-eaters" can prevent infections on medical implants

Human brain cells developed in lab, grow in mice

Geologists study mystery of "eternal flames"

How to harvest electricity directly from plants

Serendipitous scientific discovery holds potential in destroying drug-resistant bacteria

Device can extract human DNA with full genetic data in minutes

Do-it-yourself invisibility with  3-D printing

Microwave oven cooks up solar cell material

Mouse epilepsy cure holds hope for humans


Hope you enjoy the articles? Are there any here that you particularly like? Maybe I could start highlighting audience favorites.

Although I originally had a BRoP interview scheduled for Monday, it's been postponed at the author's request. We'll return on May 20th with another author. In the meantime, any suggestions for a Monday topic? I do have some ideas, but I'd like to know what readers want.

Have a good weekend, and see you Monday!











2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's your blog - what do you want to talk about?
A couple of those articles bring to mind that line from Jurassic Park - just because we can doesn't mean we should.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I do have a couple of ideas, Alex, and will probably use both of them at some point. At the same time, I don't want to be talking only to myself either. ;)

Site Meter