Thursday, July 28, 2011

Writing Days

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow; I took a vacation day from work so I could focus on edits for a project. I may have to run a couple of errands, but it should be useful to have several hours to work on a project instead of just a half hour or hour at a time.

How often do you take a whole day just to write or edit? Do you find it productive, or do you procrastinate? I admit it's all too easy to goof off when you have more time; sometimes pressure can be a good motivator too.

1 comment:

mooderino said...

It is very easy to lose focus when you have more time than you usually get to paly with. I try to keep in mind how rare an opportunity it is to have the chance to really get into the writing. I also break the time up into blocks and have a goal for each one, a chapter, a readthrough aloud, an action sequence that needs envigorating etc. Approaching it without a focus can leave me paralysed (although that's just me of course).

mood
Moody Writing
@mooderino

Site Meter