Wednesday, November 03, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Under Pressure

First, here's some theme music for this month:



Although I'm at 5,000+ words (which is where I should be today), I haven't written the full 1,667 words yet today, even though I've been home all day. The main reason is that I've been home with my son, who was sick this morning. (He's doing much better now.) Like any three-year-old, Alex is high maintenance. But even when he was napping, it was hard to focus. I've actually done much better on my lunch hours at work the last two days, banging out over a thousand words in an hour. It's my prime writing hour, so I know I have to focus and produce if I'm going to meet my daily quota. When I have longer, I take longer--and take more breaks. Does anyone else suffer the same problem?

5 comments:

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

I produce more when I know there's an end. So I've been writing just after I finish something that must be done and before I have to leave to be somewhere. (equivalent to your lunch hour) A few sessions like that and I've got my time in for the day. I'm not NaNo-ing but I've made myself a deadline.
Best of luck to you.

Barbara Ann Wright said...

Sometimes, yes, I find it easier to write when cramped for time. The pressure is helpful at times, imo.

Eric said...

Yes. And I'm currently suffering under the guillotine of pressure as I strive to finish all my homework by the 15th. At least I will have two weeks of solitude from school when I'm done with this.

Sigh...

Arlee Bird said...

I have no excuses that should get in my way of writing, but believe me I find plenty of distractions. I should be cranking out 5000-10,000 words a day. But I guess I'm officially on track. Just wish I'd do better.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Kristal Shaff said...

LOVE Queen.

Site Meter