Saturday, July 10, 2010

Date Day: Adler Planetarium

On Wednesday, my husband and I took some time off work, dropped our son off at daycare, and visited the Adler Planetarium. Neither of us have been there in ages, so I thought that would be better than some of the other museums we've seen umpteen zillion times. We saw one of the shows (featuring what could be seen in the Chicago sky this time of year), lots of old telescopes and astrolabes, and items related to the Apollo missions. Afterwards, we went outside to take some photos:














(Sorry, I'm not sure how to fix the text wrap, so I can't put captions right by the photos.) The first photo is of the projector used for the show we saw. Believe it or not, it's not computerized. The next photo is of a sculpture outside the planetarium. That's Eugene, my husband, in the red shirt taking a picture.
















The Shedd Aquarium.
Above is a statue of Copernicus. These flowers are next to a walkway outside the planetarium.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Looks like you had a perfect day for it. When I hit Chicago it is the Art Gallery I head for. I could spend my life walking around those galleries.

Site Meter