Sunday, December 18, 2005

Weekend in Review


Saturday I did some cleaning, baked a loaf of bread, and printed out all of Lennon's Line so I can read it and make notes as I go along. I better mention to Eugene that we need to kill a few more trees, as I used nearly 400 sheets of paper. The first draft was shorter, around 104,000 words, if I recall correct. This one is about 154,000, and I don't want it to grow any longer during the next draft. This may be a problem if I want to add more details to the first half, but maybe I can slash something in the second part.

Later that day, Eugene and I met my cousin Megan in Woodfield Mall so she could review the wedding proofs. She saw some of them online, but we have the full set. In retrospect, I should have suggested we find a less busy place to meet. At least we did find parking eventually. After we were done, we went to my company holiday party at a restaurant not too far away from the mall. The crab legs Eugene and I had were huge, even bigger than the ones we had in Alaska. The party ran quite late, though; we didn't leave until about 11:30, and I have to admit I was showing my fatigue.

There wasn't much rest for the weary (or wicked), as Eugene and I had to get up early so we could work out and finish our laundry before driving up to Wisconsin to visit my parents. We had lunch with them and dropped off the wedding pictures so they could figure out which ones to order. We also brought them a tin of cookies, which were well-received. But the real star of the show was Heidi, my parents' toy poodle. Despite Eugene's "vetness," she spent most of her time trying to get him to play with her favorite new toy. Above is a picture I took of her while she was staring at her bear. I told my dad about this blog, so let's see if he checks it out. Then Eugene and I did some shopping and had dinner at Panera before going home. I've spent most of the time since just catching up on e-mail and my forums. Let's see if I can get some writing done before I keel over and crash.

No comments:

Site Meter