Wednesday, June 05, 2024

IWSG: Ask What the IWSG Can Do For You

 Here we are at June already. The days are long (not long enough to get all my writing done, alas!), but the years are long. At least we have the Insecure Writers Support Group to help us. Learn more about them on their website and Facebook group.

Our hosts this month are Liza at Middle Passages, Shannon Lawrence, Melissa Maygrove, and Olga Godim.

We have an interesting question this month: In this constantly evolving industry, what kind of offering/service do you think the IWSG should consider offering its members?

As an indie author, I need to outsource tasks such as graphics and cover design. Therefore, the first thing I thought of was a list of highly recommended freelancers for editing, covering design, layout, or other writing/publishing related tasks. I'm not sure if writers who are planning to publish traditionally need these services, but at the least they might be interested in editors.

What more would you like to see from the IWSG? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

 



6 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I like your ideas. I think we have talented members in our group that could help with these services.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We have databases listed on the site for those services, but a list of services by members would be nice to try again.

Joyana Peters said...

I'd love to see a list of services by members. I offer editing and marketing services for authors. I'd love to be listed and considered. Thanks for suggesting and sharing your thoughts this month.

Fundy Blue said...

Happy IWSG Day, Sandra! I like your suggestions!

Steven Arellano Rose Jr. said...

Outsource tasks would probably come in very useful. As an indie writer I use them myself. Although I already have a formatter for my books who offers his services via Fiverr and he's really good. But yes, listing outsourcing tasks in IWSG would really come in handy.

Shannon Lawrence said...

It would be great to know who fellow IWSGers have had good experiences with on those jobs we need to outsource.

Site Meter