Wednesday, April 03, 2024

IWSG: Blogging History

T.S. Eliot may have thought April the cruelest month, but I've always been fond of it. (I'm biased, since my birthday is at the end of the month.) In addition to bringing better weather, April brings us another blog post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Here's their website and Facebook page

Our hosts this month are Janet Alcorn, T. Powell Coltrin, Natalie Aguirre, and Pat Garcia.

This month, we've been asked to discuss blogging. Specifically, "How long have you been blogging? What do you like about it and how has it changed?"

I started this blog back in 2005, soon after getting married. At first, it was a way to keep in touch with some of my college friends who were also bloggers. Gradually, it morphed into a writing blog, though I do still post personal news on here occasionally. I enjoyed blogging the most when I was using it to connect with other writers. I'm still Facebook friends with some of the writers that I met through blog chains or the Blog Ring of Power. I've participated in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge several times. At my peak, I was blogging Monday-Friday regularly; now, I'm down to monthly posts. Life's gotten busier since 2005, since I'm now a parent. What writing time I do have I prefer to devote to my stories, especially the ones that have taken over my brain. Perhaps there will come a day when I drop this blog completely and focus on other social media sites. If that happens, I'll be sure to make sure people can still find me online.

What's your blogging history? Feel free to share in the comments.

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I enjoy blogging to connect with other writers too. And I think a lot of bloggers have cut down to blogging once or a few times a month too.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You've been blogging a long time! I'm glad you continue to connect through the IWSG.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's when I began blogging, too. I'm also down to just one post a month.

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Sandra. Life has a way of getting in the way of things. I'm busier now than I've ever been, it seems. I do love to blog and will continue to do so. Have a happy and creative April!

Site Meter