Wednesday, July 03, 2019

IWSG: Getting Personal with My Characters

It's hard to believe 2019 is halfway over, isn't it? Normally I post in early July about the books I've read so far for the year, but I'll wait until next week for that discussion. I should have some other writing news later this month. For now, it's time for another Insecure Writer's Support Group post. You can learn more about the group on their website and Facebook page.

Our hosts this month are Erika Beebe, Natalie Aguirre, Jennifer Lane, M.J. Fifield, Lisa Buie-Collard, and Ellen at the Cynical Sailor.

This month, we've been asked the following question: What personal traits have you written into your characters?

I believe that I put a bit of myself into all of my characters, but I admit some characters feel more like me than others. Joanna from Lyon's Legacy shares my love of science and sense of humor. Gwen from the Season Avatars series (in particular, Scattered Seasons) is also a rather practical and intelligent woman.

Which of your characters is most like you, and in what ways? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I too can't believe we're already in July. It's been a short year, and yet a lot has happened in it. I just hope the world keeps it's act together so we can get through the rest of the year safely. Happy 4th!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My characters don't have a lot of me in them.
And no, can't believe we are less than six months from writing 2020.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Several of my characters have strong traits that are mine.

emaginette said...

Same. I pick a few traits, but don't go overboard. ;-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

נורית אבוטבול said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Site Meter