Monday, June 25, 2018

Jurassic World: Fallen Kindom--Review by Stan, Rex, and Oscar

Stan: Hi, I'm Stan, the T-Rex. I was named after an actual T-Rex fossil.

Rex: I'm Rex the brachiosaurus. Don't confuse me with Stan. I was actually named after Captain Rex from The Clone Wars.

Oscar: And I'm Oscar the Orca. I'm the oldest, and I wasn't named after anybody.

Stan: So, last week, our family took us to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It was awesome! There were T-rexes and raptors and...

Rex: ...and not enough sauropods. (sniffs) How could they leave the sauropods behind? So tragic....

Oscar: They didn't have enough room on the boats for such big creatures, Rex. And Stan, you know the people only wanted the carnivores to make money from them.

Stan: Well, you know what I want from humans, Oscar? Lunch!

Oscar: Yeah, there was a whole lot of lunching going on, though I think it would be more accurate to say midnight snacking.

Stan: There were people running everywhere, afraid of us!

Rex: And there were a whole lot of dinos and other animals on the island...

Oscar: But really, it was just like all the other movies in this franchise. Sure, they threw in a couple of twists at the end, but they didn't discuss them in detail.

Stan: This is an action movie, Oscar, not a thinking movie!

Oscar: Well, next time, can we see a thinking movie?

Rex: I think it's usually what the kid wants to see, Oscar. So we'll probably go see this again and again while it's in the theater.

Oscar: Sigh.

Stan: T-Rex wins! T-Rex always wins! Rrrrarrrhhhrrr!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

After the last one, did you expect anything with brain cells?
I really disliked the last one - too many plot holes and stupid mistakes. This one was a step up and I actually enjoyed it. Keeping my expectations low also helped.

PT Dilloway said...

T-Rex always wins! Haha

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I agree the characters were more likeable in this one, Alex. I hope they follow up on some of the implications of the ending in the next one.

Pat, I think that should be Stan's motto.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That was cute! The T-Rex did eat the bad guy and we appreciated that.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Diane!

Site Meter