Here's our question for April: When your writing life is a bit cloudy or filled with rain, what do you do to dig down and keep on writing?
I've been writing for over twenty years now, and yes, I've experienced plenty of clouds and rain in that time. Here are some of the things that have kept me going over the long hall:
- Belief in myself
- Passion for my stories and characters
- Support from my husband
- Support from other writers
- Confidence in what I've already accomplished
- Security in knowing I can publish anything I think is ready to find an audience
- Pure stubbornness/habit
- Maturity (or at least being a lot busier and having more responsibilities now than I did when I was younger)
What about you? What keeps you going when the writing isn't? Feel free to share in the comments.