Monday, April 17, 2017

Season Avatars #AtoZChallenge: Nils

It's hard to believe this is the third full week of the A-Z Blogging Challenge. To celebrate, Chaos Season is on sale this week for $0.99.

"Nils" is an insult Salth and her son Sal-thaath call people who can't use magic. Although ordinary people can't use magic, they do have some magic associated with their souls. (This is what allows Gwen to see people's auras and tell what their birth seasons are.) Salth realizes that since there are so many more Nils than magic-users, she could gain a fair amount of magical power if she could harvest the small amount of magic each of them has.

This term only crops up in Seasons' Beginnings.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Suck up what little magic I have, will you?

Susanne Matthews said...

Great post. Not sure if I prefer being a Nils or Muggle. LOL Thanks for sharing. Good luck with sales. Find me here.LINK

PT Dilloway said...

I think Nils is also a Scandinavian first name. 😉

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I hope you sell a ton of books this week. :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Alex, it's definitely adding insult to injury!

I think Muggles are cooler than Nils, Susanne.

Pat, I guess Nils the Nil would be pretty nihilistic!

Thanks, Libby!

Site Meter