Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Indie Author Fringe

Indie Author Fringe, a free online conference for indie writers, is occurring on Friday. This is actually one of three online conferences for indie writers this year; all of them are scheduled to tie in to major book conventions. Speakers include Mark Coker, Joanna Penn, Joel Friedlander, David Gaughran, and many more. (Here's the link to the full schedule, including speakers and times.) Although I'll be working during the conference, the panels will be available online afterward. There's also an Opening Line Competition that you can enter through Saturday, April 16; full details are available here. I don't know yet if the conference sponsors will be giving any prizes away, but after last year's indie conference IngramSpark provided a special code to all registered members. Using this code, I was able to set up my paper books on IngramSpark without paying the normal fee.

Do you think you'll register for the Indie Author Fringe? If so, what panels look most interesting to you? (I'm most interested in cover design, promotion, and e-mail lists). Feel free to share your thoughts below.

2 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

Since it's on British time I doubt I could do much with that.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Probably not much that would interest me, but I'll check the panels out afterwards and see if any were on marketing. That's good for any author.

Site Meter