Monday, November 16, 2015

Scattered Seasons on Sale!

This week, I'm running my first Kindle Countdown promotion with Scattered Seasons. The normal price for the e-book is $3.99, but from today through 11/19, it will be $0.99. After that, it will be $2.99 until 11/23, when the price returns to normal. I have a few ads scheduled to run during the next few days. Hopefully sales and a rise in the ranks will continue through to the second stage of the countdown. We'll see if that works and if it makes sense to run a two-price sale.

In case you don't remember the premise behind this book, here's the blurb again:

Lady Gwendolyn lo Havil is an Ava Spring, born to heal others and lead the Season Avatars of her generation. Season Avatars with divine magic must work in groups of four to save the country of Challen from Chaos Season, times when all of the seasons appear at once. When the current Ava Spring dies in a riding accident, Gwen must find the other three Season Avatars she will link with. But two of them are missing, and with Gwen's own magic crippled by a cursed pottery shard, she will have to use all of her skills to find the Avatars scattered across the country of Challen. During her journey, she meets a stranger who claims to know the shard's origin. Is he truly an ally of the Season Avatars, or is he trying to stop them from uniting? 

I've made some progress editing the third book in this series, but I'm still only about 10% of the way through. The beginning did need extensive rewriting, so I hope the rest of the revision will be easier. As for Book Four, I'm currently over 52,000 words and heading for the climax. Let's see if I can finish the first draft by the end of the year!

UPDATE: Pat pointed out that the price hasn't changed. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, everyone; I didn't have this issue with the other books in Select. I've e-mailed Amazon about this and hope they will change the price very soon.

4 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

It's still regular price but Amazon runs on Pacific time so by the morning it will hopefully change.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Already own it but will help spread the word for you.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks for letting me know, Pat. It still hasn't changed, so I contacted Amazon. I hope they change the price soon!

Thanks, Alex! I appreciate it!

Crystal Collier said...

Exciting times! You're out to book 4? That's amazing. I'm struggling to get through a third book in a series. First books are much funner.

Site Meter