Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blurb and Call for Beta Readers: Seasons' Beginnings

Last month, I finished the second draft of Season's Beginnings, Book One in my fantasy Season Avatars series. I am currently looking for beta readers for this project. Here's what I have so far for the blurb:

Kron Evenhanded is an artificer, able to enchant any man-made object, but he finds people more difficult to work with. As he visits the city of Vistichia, he encounters Sal-thaath, an extremely magical but dangerous child created by Salth, another magician Kron knew at the Magic Institute. Kron attempts to civilize Sal-thaath, but when his efforts lead to tragedy, Kron is forced to ally himself with a quartet of new deities and their human Avatars. Together they must defend Vistichia as Salth attempts to drain its life and magic. But Salth has Ascended halfway to godhood over Time. Will Kron’s artifacts be enough to protect the Avatars, especially the woman he loves, or will Time separate them?

If this sounds like something you'd like to beta read, please comment below or e-mail me at ulbrichalmazanATsbcglobalDOTnet. If you have any suggestions for improving the blurb, please let me know that as well. Thanks!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just filled my critique partners slots. Blurb sounds good. My only suggestion is the word 'when' in place of 'as' to begin the second sentence.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Alex!

Site Meter