Friday, February 14, 2014

Science of the Week, 2/14/14

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Urban bees using plastic to build hives

An extinction in the blink of an eye 

Herding robots

Nanoparticles treat muscular dystrophy in mice

Nanomotors move inside cells

Nuclear fusion achieved in experiment

Discovery opens up new areas of microbiology, evolutionary biology

The article below seems to be bad news for me, Lyon's Legacy, and Twinned Universes. However, the wormhole I use in these two books connects two separate universes, not two times in the same universe. Since time progresses at the same rate in the connected universes, there is no going back and forth multiple times to the same instant, so you don't get multiple measurements of the same particle. Therefore, my understanding is that the type of time travel outlined in my books should still be permitted by quantum mechanics. I'm glad that the next books in the series will be dealing with other issues, though.

Time travel via wormhole breaks the rules of quantum mechanics 

I hope if you have someone special in your life, you get to spend a wonderful evening with him/her, Enjoy your weekend, and I'll see you Monday.









No comments:

Site Meter