Monday, January 30, 2012

Behold The Book of Beasts!


OK, it's not exactly the Eighth Wonder of the World (that would be the lost shrine of Zagawa, for those of you who have Curious George addicts in your home), but it is my latest short story. Here's the description:

Jonur, a biology student at the University of Selath, doesn't believe in demons or magic. He thinks there's a rational explanation why almost nothing lives in the area around Lake Forsaken. As he and his partner collect samples from the area, they become sick themselves. Then Jonur encounters a foreign girl with a stranger book. She claims the area is poisoned and that Jonur and his partner are now affected. However, she plans to use her book to create an animal that can neutralize the poison. Who is this girl? Can she and Jonur work together to fulfill her plan, or will she let him die?

This story is set in the same world as my current WIP, Scattered Seasons. "The Book of Beasts" is about 5,000 words long, and it also includes a bonus sample chapter from Lyon's Legacy. It's currently available as an e-book for $0.99, and you can find it on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this book, particularly Meghan Derico of Derico Photography, who made the cover.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I need to get around to reading your book. Making a mental note to download it to my Nook later.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Michael! I hope you enjoy it!

David P. King said...

Sweet! Digging the cover. I will also jot down a reminder to get started. If only I had a Nook, reader, thing. :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I'm glad you like the cover, David! Meghan did a great job, didn't she?

Eventually when I have more short stories available, I'll publish a paper collection of them. But for now, you might be able to read the story in an app. You can also read it on the computer at Smashwords.

Briane said...

I'll add it to the list! You're getting prolific!

Sarah McCabe said...

I love the cover. Yay for getting more work up there!

Site Meter