Monday, October 10, 2011

Lyon's Legacy is Live!--Plus a Contest!

Although formatting and uploading weren't always easy (I'll blog more about them later this week), I was able to get Lyon's Legacy (Catalyst Chronicles, Book One) up on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords. It's available for $2.99 in all three places. Currently it's only in e-book form, but I plan to combine it with Twinned Universes in a paper edition next year. Here's the blurb:

Sometimes being a geneticist isn’t enough to understand your family....

When scientist-in-training Joanna Lyon learns her rich uncle plans to have their rock legend ancestor, Sean Lyon, cloned, she’s disgusted. Uncle Jack pushed her into music when she was younger, and she hated it. So it’s particularly galling that he wants her to travel through a wormhole to an alternate universe and sample Sean’s DNA. She only agrees to go so she can secretly sabotage the project. But meeting Sean forces her to re-examine her feelings about her family, including her estranged father. Can she protect the unborn clone from her uncle, and will she have to sacrifice her career and new-found love to do so?


To celebrate the release of this novella, I'm going to run two promotions as described below:
 
1. I'll give away free copies of Lyon's Legacy through Smashwords to the first five people who request them through commenting on this post. In return, I ask that you review my novella. You can do so either on your blog, on one of the sites where it's being sold, or on Goodreads. Please mention where you plan to post your review when you make your request, and please post it by the end of the month. (And of course, please be honest!)

2. Some people may still think self-publishing is going over to the Dark Side, to which I say, "At least they have cookies." Now you can have them too! I will give away a Harry and David gift basket worth up to $40 to one lucky winner chosen at random. They offer cookie collections, but if you'd prefer something different, they also offer fruit baskets and other types of food. You can enter the drawing by spreading the word about this contest, posting a book review on one of the sites mentioned above, or interviewing me on your blog. Please comment on this post with the link by the end of the month. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments as well.

Thank you for your help in spreading the word, and I hope you enjoy the book!

8 comments:

Michelle McLean said...

Awesome news!! Congrats!! I'd love a copy. I could do a review of it both on my blog and the Operation Awesome blog.

I'd also love to interview you (on both blogs). And I linked to this post on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/michellemclean/status/123411531433123840 ) and FB (https://www.facebook.com/michelle.m.mclean)

Happy to help spread the word :D And congrats again!!

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks so much, Michelle! I'll send you the Smashwords code on FB. My schedule is pretty open this week, so feel free to send me the questions whenever you're ready.

Abby Annis said...

Congratulations! :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Abby!

Briane said...

A. I'll buy your book on Amazon -- is it Kindle-a-ble? Authors need money and sales, so give a copy to someone else and I'll review it when I can.

B. Would you like to do a guest post on The Best Of Everything to promote your book? http://www.troublewithroy.com. You can pick the topic, although I always suggest it has something to do with the book itself.

C. I love INDIE publishing and I don't care that Rogue Mutt hates that phrase. Be proud! You believe in you! And other things that serve as good mottoes.

D. Your comment-thing spellchecks me, as I initially had it "mottos" but it flagged that, so I ended up spelling it right, the first time. The second time was intentional.

E. I'm going to promote you on Twitter. Look for it!

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks so much for your support, Briane! I really appreciate it. Yes, it's in Kindle format. I have some ideas for guest posts, so let me decide which one to use. I have some time off from work, so I should have it to you in a couple of days. What's your username on Twitter? I'm ulbrichalmazan.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations Sandra. I'm gonna buy your book as well. I look forward to reading some hard science fiction :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Michael!

Site Meter