Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Work In Progress Wednesday

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update. Here's my current status on Across Two Universes:

Currently On: Chapter Twelve, Page 121
Total Pages: 298
Total Words: 96,000

I'm in a scene that hasn't changed much, if any, since my first draft. It's one of those darlings I had to murder since it no longer quite fit. In the original version, Sean and Paul searched through some of Sean's old belongings for something Paul's mother had given him, with Sean questioning Paul along the way. The new version just had them sitting on crates talking to each other, which I felt was much less interesting to "stage." Today, after a wasted lunch hour, my muse finally gave me an idea: Sean will give Paul one item of his choice, but what Paul doesn't know is that Sean is judging him based on what he selects. What will Paul pick? You'll just have to read it to find out.

No comments:

Site Meter